This space provides information about the BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility (SPAC) Utility. You can use the utility to search for information about compatibility between BMC products and solutions and your existing hardware and software infrastructure.
The BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility (SPAC) Utility is a tool that replaces multiple methods for accessing BMC product compatibility data, including the Product Availability and Compatibility (PAC) utility and multiple web pages that link to product information that have been available through the BMC Support website. The BMC SPAC Utility is used to view compatibility information of BMC products in a structured manner. This tool can also be used to enter the component list for BMC solutions.
The SPAC utility provides the following enhancements:
- Presents up-to-date and accurate information for all BMC products and solutions, making it a single source for all compatibility information. The utility also includes a link to additional sources of information, such as release notes and PDF file compatibility documentation.
- Enables users to search for compatibility information using multiple categories of compatibility:
- Search by Parameters — Search the product by entering single text in the search string.
- BMC Product and Version — Specify the BMC product name and version.
- Operating Systems — Lists the operating system name and version.
- Databases — Lists the database name and version.
- Managed Technologies – Lists the managed technologies used by the product.
- Third Party Prerequisites — Lists the third party prerequisites product name and version.
- Third Party Product Compatibility — Lists the third party product name and version
- UI Languages — Lists the supported languages for the selected product and version.
- Documentation Languages — Lists the languages supported by the product documentation.
- Requires fewer user actions to perform searches, with a single screen showing all search options. The feature screen also search options that update automatically to show only valid search criteria and relevant content based on user selections.
- You can type in the parameters to search the product or you can select the product parameters from the suggestion list.
Accessing the SPAC Utility
To access the SPAC application visit to BMC Support Central. On the BMC Support page, select Product Availability and Compatibility from the navigation area on the left hand side and select BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility.
The BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility tool is displayed.
BMC Employees Only
Click here if you are a BMC Employee, and want to view documentation for the Admin Tool.