To create a Portal Configuration that contains only the artifacts that you want to install on another IBM WebSphere Portal server, you can use the Portal Configuration Packager. For example, if you want to copy just the templates and a web application from one Portal server to another, you can create a Portal Configuration that contains just those items. The Portal Configuration Packager includes in your Portal Configuration all of the dependencies for the artifacts that you select.
To package a Portal Configuration
- In the Application Navigator tree, right-click the Portal Configuration that you want to package and select Portal Configuration Packager.
- On the Output Location tab, choose whether you want to update the original Configuration (Save the results back to the input file) or save your changes to a new Configuration (Save the results to a new output file).
If you want to save your changes to a new Configuration, enter the name of the output file for the new Configuration in the Output File Name field .
- On the Contents tab, select the check boxes next to nodes that you want to include in the new Portal Configuration.
- On the Themes tab, select the themes, if any, that you want to include in the new Portal Configuration.
Use the Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple themes.
- On the Skins tab, select the skins that you want to include in the new Portal Configuration.
- On the Web Applications tab, select just the web applications that you want to include in the new Portal Configuration.
- When you have finished selecting items on all tabs, click OK.
If you chose to save the output in a new file, the new Portal Configuration is added to the Application Navigator.