The BMC Middleware Automation product helps you manage IBM WebSphere Portal configurations, offering you the following capabilities:
- Create a Portal Snapshot, which is an XML document that contains a record of the configuration of a Portal.
For more information, see Creating a Portal Snapshot.
- Compare Portal Configurations to find the differences between them. This is useful for troubleshooting and for auditing changes to the Portal.
For more information, see Comparing Configurations.
- View and edit a Portal Configuration through a user interface.
For more information, see Viewing and editing Portal Configurations.
- Tokenize a Portal Configuration so that you can supply different values for parameters when installing a Portal Configuration.
For more information, see Tokenizing Configurations.
- Use the Portal Configuration Packager to select pages, controls, themes, skins, and web applications to include in a Portal Configuration.
For more information, see Packaging a Portal Configuration.
- View roles, users, groups, and access control settings for the Portal.
For more information, see Viewing and editing Portal permissions.
- Install a Portal Configuration, and preview the installation of a Portal Configuration to see exactly what changes will be made when you install the Portal Configuration.
For more information, see Performing installation operations with Portal Configurations.
- Install a Portal Application Archive (PAA) on WebSphere Portal 8.0.
For more information, see Installing a Portal Application Archive on WebSphere Portal 8.0.
- Use the command-line interface to automate Portal operations, including creating Snapshots and installing Portal Configurations.
For a list of WebSphere Portal prerequisites to using BMC Middleware Automation to manage the WebSphere Portal, see WebSphere Portal prerequisites.