This topic provides basic instructions for viewing reports. You view the BMC Decision Support – Network Automation reports by using the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) launch pad. For details about navigating SAP BusinessObjects BI, see Navigating the interface.
The reports are located on the Documents tab in the Public Folders > BMC Decision Support – BladeLogic Automation Suite > BMC Decision Support – Network Automation folder. The BMC Decision Support – Network Automation folder contains sub-folders for the different types of reports.
Before you begin
Ensure that the first Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) run is complete before running reports. Use Metadata Navigator to ensure that the ETL run has completed before you run the reports. For details, see Using Metadata Navigator to monitor ETL.
The first ETL run must finish before reports are run or you might have missing data errors.
To run and view a report
- In the SAP BusinessObjects BI launch pad, open the Documents tab.
- Select Public Folders > BMC Decision Support – BladeLogic Automation Suite > BMC Decision Support – Network Automation.
- Select the folder for the report group that contains the report you want to view.
For example, to view the Action Activity Summary report, select Action Activity Reports.
- Double-click on the report that you want to view.
The Prompts window displays. For more details about prompts, see Report prompts.
- For each prompt, complete the following steps:
- Select the prompt.
For example, to specify the time period for which you want data included in the report, click on Enter Time Period.
You might need to click Refresh Data for the prompt values to appear.
- Select the value you want to apply and add it to the prompt field.
For example, if you are providing a value for Time Period, you might select Last 30 Days and add it to the Enter Time Period field.
- For prompts that allow you to specify multiple values (for example, Device Categories), select each value that you want to include in the report and add it to the prompt field.
After you add a prompt value, a green check mark appears next to the prompt to indicate that a value was selected.
- Click Run Query to run the report.
The report runs and is displayed.
To use the drill down and up capabilities
To use the drill down and up capabilities in reports, you must select the Synchronize drill on report blocks option in Preferences > Web Intelligence.
To sort a report by column
- View the report as described in To run and view a report.
- Verify your Web Intelligence preferences.
- Click Preferences in the SAP BusinessObjects BI launch pad.
- In the Preferences screen, click Web Intelligence.
- In the Modify section, ensure that the Rich Internet Application option is selected.
- If you changed the setting, click Save.
Otherwise, click Cancel.
- If you changed the setting, close the report, and run the report again.
Otherwise, return to the report.
- Click Design to display the report in Design mode.
- Select a column to be used as the basis to sort the report.
- Right-click on that column, and select Sort, then Ascending or Descending from the popup menu.
The content of the report is sorted based on your selection.