This topic describes how to verify the initial user setup in BMC Decision Support – Network Automation.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the first extract, transform, and load (ETL) run is complete.
Do not generate reports until the first ETL run is complete or you might have missing data errors. Use Metadata Navigator to ensure that the ETL run has completed before opening reports. For details, see Using Metadata Navigator to monitor ETL.
- Execution of the URG Mapper task is done.
- Check the log file, named bdsna_install_log_<timestamp>.txt (named bds_install_log_<timestamp>.txt in 8.2 service packs), in the C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BL-Decision Support\logs directory (this is the default location) to confirm that it does not contain any errors.
To verify the initial user setup
- Access the Central Management Console and verify the following (see Accessing users and groups in the Central Management Console):
- Verify that all report groups and users were created in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI).
- Ensure that each user has a unique ID in the BMC Decision Support – Database Automation database.
- Verify that the groups in BusinessObjects BI have the correct permissions to access reports based on their group permissions, including the following permissions (see User roles for group and user permission details):
- Permission to access the BusinessObjects BI universe
- Permission to access the BusinessObjects BI connection
- Correct permissions on BusinessObjects BI folder and sub-folder objects
- Instruct users to access the BusinessObjects Business Intelligence launch pad and verify that they can access the reports (see Accessing the product).
To configure user report preferences
Users must configure their report preferences (as allowed by their role permissions), so that they can access and create reports. The following preferences can be set:
- To access the drill up/down reports, go to Preferences > Web Intelligence > Drill options and select Synchronize drill on report block.
- To view reports in interactive mode, go to Preferences > Web Intelligence > View and select Rich Internet Application.
- To create and update reports, go to Preferences > Web Intelligence > Modify (creating, editing and analyzing documents) and select Rich Internet Application.