If you install BMC Decision Support – Network Automation on an operating system that uses a locale other than U.S. English or if any of the Microsoft Windows tasks are not being run, provide the administrator user credentials to run the Windows scheduled task for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL), User Role Group (URG) Mapper, and Purge.
To provide administrator credentials for Windows scheduled tasks
- Right click the task and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, provide the Administrator user name in the Run As field. The user name should be in the form domain\Administrator or hostname\Administrator.
- Click Set Password and then enter the password in the pop-up window.
- Click OK in each dialog box.
If you change the password in the future, you must repeat this procedure to update the password.
To run a task if it does not run after providing credentials
If a task still is not running after providing credentials, complete the following procedure. Do this for any task still not running after providing credentials.
- Open the Scheduled Tasks utility in the Windows Control Panel or choose Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler.
- Right-click on the task that isn't running and choose Properties.
- Select the Actions tab.
- Select the Start a program action and click Edit.
- In the Start in (optional) field provide the directory path to the task files.
For example, if you are setting this up for the URG Mapper, you would add a path like the following:
- Click OK.
You are prompted for the Windows user name and password.
- Provide the Administrator user name and password and click OK to run the task.
Where to go from here
Verifying and configuring the URGMapper.properties file