This topic describes tasks that you should perform before you upgrade BMC Decision Support -- Network Automation.
To prepare for the upgrade
- Back up your entire BMC Decision Support -- Network Automation environment, including the Cognos Content Manager folder, the reports data warehouse, and any custom ad hoc reports, and store the backup in a location that will not be overwritten during the upgrade.
- Depending on the number of report instances, back up using one of the following steps:
- If you have only one instance, right-click the report and choose View Latest Instance. Then, save the instance as a Web Intelligence report in a folder other than BMC Decision Support – BladeLogic Automation Suite.
- If you have more than one instances of a report, right-click the report and choose History. From the history, view the instances one by one and save them as Web Intelligence report in a folder other than BMC Decision Support – BladeLogic Automation Suite.
- Review the following information and take steps as required:
- Planning for system requirements and deployment scenarios.
- Preparing for installation for information about setting up your environment before the installation.
- Installation worksheet for the installation worksheet where you can add your parameter values before you begin the product upgrade, so that you have them available during the upgrade.
The installation worksheet will automatically be populated with values from your existing installation. You only need to record any parameter values that change from the last installation.
Where to go from here
Performing the upgrade
Upgrading from a localized environment