The database type and version used by BMC Decision Support – Network Automation must be same as used by BMC Network Automation.
This topic lists the supported databases and other database requirements for BMC Decision Support – Network Automation.
BMC Decision Support – Network Automation supports the following databases:
- Oracle 11g RAC, Release 1 and Release 2
- Oracle 11g, Release 1 and Release 2
- Oracle 10g, Release 2 or later, with the latest patch
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Service Pack 2
- PostgreSQL 9.x (supported for use with Windows 64-bit)
- PostgreSQL 8.4 (supported for use with Windows 64-bit)
Oracle RAC requirements
If you are using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), you must meet the following requirements:
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Client Tools must be installed on the BusinessObjects BI server (These tools are needed for post-installation configurations).
- The Oracle Client 11g Release 1 or Release 2 must be installed as follows:
- The 32-bit Oracle client must be installed on the computer on which the BusinessObjects BI client is installed.
- The 64-bit Oracle client must must be installed on the computer on which the BusinessObjects BI server is installed.
- If the BusinessObjects BI client and server are installed on the same computer, you must have both the 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle clients installed on that computer.
Database sizing requirements
You can calculate the database sizing requirements using the sizing guide.
Based on number of extract, transform, and load (ETL) runs scheduled per day and the number of devices being managed by BMC Network Automation, warehouse database size might vary.
Setting up the databases and database server