If you are using Oracle RAC in your environment, after installing the product, you must configure the BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) platform to work with Oracle RAC.
The SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Client Tools must be installed on the BusinessObjects BI server to complete this procedure.
To configure BusinessObjects BI for use with Oracle RAC
- From the Start menu, select Programs > SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 > SAP BusinessObjects BI platform Client Tools > Universe Design Tool.
The Universe Designer login dialog appears.
- Enter the user name and password and click OK.
- From the Tools menu, select Connections.
- In the Connection window, locate bds_na_cn, right-click on it and choose Edit.
The Connection Edit panel opens.
- Click Back.
- Expand the Oracle node and select Oracle Client.
- Provide the following connection details for your Oracle RAC database server:
Some of these values will match those that you used in the tnsnames.ora file that you configured in Creating Oracle databases and setting up the database server.
- User name
- Service (Use the TNS name that you added to the tnsnames.ora file.)
- Click Test the connection.
If the connection is set up properly, you will get a message that says The server is responding! Click OK.
If you do not get this message and there is a problem with the connection, go back and correct any errors in the setup and then complete this procedure.
- Click Next twice and then click Finish.
- Restart the BusinessObjects services using the instructions in Restarting the BusinessObjects services.
Where to go from here
Verifying and configuring the URGMapper.properties file