Announcement, February 25, 2016
BMC Software announces the release of Patch 5 of BMC Database Automation 8.6 (8.6.00.05).
For a summary of all announcements, see Release notes and notices.
For a description of all open and corrected issues in BMC Database Automation, see Known and corrected issues.
Version 8.6.00 of BMC Database Automation features the following enhancements:
- A compliance framework that improves an organization's ability to manage database compliance, reduce the risk and cost of compliance, and increasing governance.
- Performance improvements in the action, patch, and template repository, and in context tree loading times
- Using templates to perform provisioning operations with command line utilities on all the databases supported by BMC Database Automation
- Support for Oracle 220.127.116.11, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0, and Oracle Linux 6 for Oracle 11gR2 and Oracle 12c
- Searching all BMC Database Automation objects in the Context Tree based on name and type
- Console and browser window customization
- Health and value dashboards
For complete information about what's new or changed, see 8.6.00 enhancements.
Where to start
Your role and tasks may determine your first steps:
Install components of the BMC Database Automation system
Set up the BMC Database Automation system after installation.
Integrate BMC Database Automation with:
- BMC Continuous Compliance for Databases
- BMC Decision Support - Database Automation
- BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
Configuring after installation
Perform ongoing maintenance of BMC Database Automation
Use the BMC Database Automation Management Console to perform administrative tasks
Understand the state of the environment by viewing BMC Decision Support – Database Automation reports
Viewing BMC Decision Support — Database Automation reports