Announcement, August 7, 2015
BMC Software announces the release of patch 5 for BMC Database Automation 8.5.00 Service Pack 1.
For a summary of all announcements, see Release notes and notices.
For a description of all open and corrected issues in BMC Database Automation, see Known and corrected issues.
Version 8.5.00 of BMC Database Automation features the following enhancements:
- The ability to collect the output of an Action
- The ability to limit the Actions certain operators can run by using Restricted Actions
- Full support of the OPatch auto option for applying Oracle patches
- Support for the provisioning of Oracle single-instance, version 12c databases
- Communication over IPv6 protocol and support for Highly Available Internet Protocol (HAIP)
For complete information about what's new or changed, see 8.5.00 enhancements.
Where to start
Your role and tasks may determine your first steps:
Install components of the BMC Database Automation system
Set up the BMC Database Automation system after installation.
Integrate BMC Database Automation with:
- BMC Continuous Compliance for Databases
- BMC Decision Support - Database Automation
- BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
Configuring after installation
Perform ongoing maintenance of BMC Database Automation
Use the BMC Database Automation Management Console to perform administrative tasks
Understand the state of the environment by viewing BMC Decision Support – Database Automation reports
Viewing BMC Decision Support — Database Automation reports