This topic provides the information that you need to download the service pack from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
The BMC Remedy AR System installation program includes the latest service packs and patches. If you just installed the product for the first time, you do not need to apply service packs or patches before you begin using the product. When new service packs and patches are released for BMC Remedy AR System, you will perform an upgrade of the product to apply the latest changes.
The installation program for the latest service pack or patch also includes the full installation of the product. To install the product for the first time or apply product updates, select the Product Patches tab (see Step 7) and download the latest service pack or patch.
To download the service pack from the EPD website
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to https://webapps.bmc.com/signon/content/logon.jsp.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- Click Download Product.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 7.
Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and perform one of the following actions:
- If you are downloading files for a product installation, select the Licensed Products tab.
- If you are downloading files for a service pack or patch, select the Product Patches tab.
- Expand BMC Remedy AR System to show the available versions.
- Expand BMC Remedy AR System 7.6.04 for the appropriate platform and language.
- Select the check boxes next to the files and documents that you want to download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.