BMC Performance Manager for Infrastructure as a Service (BMC Performance Manager for IaaS) provides BMC PATROL for Amazon Web Services (BMC PATROL for AWS), a Knowledge Module (KM) that enables you to discover and monitor resources hosted in the Amazon public cloud environment. This product enables you to monitor the performance of the cloud environment and optimize the service level by using the following capabilities:
- In-depth monitoring capabilities:
With BMC PATROL for AWS you can configure multiple accounts provided by Amazon Web Services and collect performance data by leveraging the data collection and monitoring capabilities of the PATROL Agent. You can monitor the following services:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Amazon Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
- Amazon Relational Database Services (RDS)
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Improved visualization through automatic creation and maintenance of Amazon Web Services topology construct views.
- Configuring and monitoring accounts provided by Amazon Web Services by using a unified console in BMC ProactiveNet:
With version 1.2.00 of BMC PATROL for AWS and version 9.5.00 of PATROL Agent, you can configure monitoring of accounts and web services provided by Amazon Web Services by using version 9.5.00 of the BMC ProactiveNet Central Monitoring Administration console. This improves administrative efficiency and effectiveness by allowing configuration of web services and accounts provided by Amazon Web Services by using BMC ProactiveNet policies.