Announcement, August 27, 2015
BMC Atrium Core 9.0 is available with the following new features:
- Implementation of BMC Atrium Core dashboard
- Implementation of Denormalized CMDB Data Storage (DCDS)
Note: DCDS is also referred to as CDM Denormalization.
- Preconfigured integrations for ADDM and SCCM
- Implementation of RESTful APIs
- Implementation of dataset configuration console to manage dataset level permissions
- Managing configuration logs from a centralized location
For the details of all new features, see 9.0.00 enhancements.
The following interactive graphic summarizes enhancements made in version 9.0 of the BMC Atrium Core CMDB. (The graphic may take a few seconds to load.)
- For information about the issues in this release, see Known and corrected issues.
- To plan for an installation or upgrade, see Planning.
- To learn about installing or upgrading BMC Atrium Core, see BMC Remedy ITSM 9.0 Deployment
- To locate content in the online documentation that was previously provided in PDF format, see BMC Atrium Core online documentation
- BMC Atrium Integration Engine is reaching its End of Life, and will not be included in BMC Atrium Core after version 8.1. For more information, see Product announcements
Where to start
- End users: Using, Working with CIs and relationships, Finding BMC Atrium CMDB data, Use case.
- Administrators: Planning, Configuring, Managing Access, Configuring BMC Atrium Core components, Importing data, Normalizing data, Reconciling data, Modeling data and impacts, Managing datasets, Managing federated data, Managing extenstions.
- Application programmers: Integrating
About BMC Atrium Core
The BMC Atrium Core solution works with other BMC Atrium solutions to facilitate the alignment of your IT organization with business priorities. BMC Atrium Core provides tight integration across management tools used in your IT environment, saving your IT organization time and money. BMC Atrium Core includes the following component products:
- BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB), which stores information about the configuration items (CIs) in your IT environment and the relationships between them
- BMC Atrium Integrator, which transfers data between an external datastore and BMC Atrium CMDB