The following topics provide information about preparing your environment before you install the App Visibility server:
Preinstallation tasks for the App Visibility server components
To prepare for the App Visibility proxy component
As the system administrator, configure your network to ensure that the App Visibility proxy can collect end-user browser data, and pass it on to the App Visibility collector and portal.
Before you install the App Visibility proxy, configure the following items:
- Define a host name that resolves to the App Visibility proxy’s IP address, or to a Virtual IP on a load balancing server.
- Configure the load balancing server to do the following actions:
- Negotiate HTTPS using the certificate created in Step 2.
- Redirect end-user HTTP/HTTPS requests from this host name to the host:port of the App Visibility proxy.
Remove SCOM APM
To use the App Visibility portal or collector in a Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) version 2012 environment, you must disable application performance monitoring for SCOM. For more information, see the SCOM product documentation.
To remove SCOM APM
Uninstall the Operations Manager agent
, also know as Microsoft Monitoring Agent.
- Reinstall the Operations Manager agent without .NET Application Performance Monitoring, as
described in the SCOM product documentation
. Ensure that you use the
SCOM APM is not installed and will not interfere with App Visibility portal or collector.
To configure the required Terminal Server options
On a Windows operating system, to run the installation utility through a Terminal Services connection or a remote desktop session, configure the Terminal Server options that pertain to temporary folders.
- On the host computer, open the Local Group Policy Editor by selecting Start > Run and typing gpedit.msc.
- Expand the following folder: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Temporary folders.
- Double-click the following options to set each to Enabled:
- Do not delete temp folder upon exit
- Do not use temporary folders per session
- Restart the computer.
If you receive a notification about Terminal Server configuration when you run the installation, perform the following steps to back up the registry and adjust the registry key values as follows:
- On the host computer, open the Registry Editor by selecting Start > Run and typing regedit.
- Expand the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server.
- Set the value for PerSessionTempDir and DeleteTempDirsOnExit to 0.
- Restart the computer.
You can revert these changes after you complete the installation process. You might need to restart the computer.
Where to go from here
Select an installation method for the App Visibility server:
System requirements for App Visibility Manager
Sizing App Visibility Manager and Synthetic TEA Agent components
App Visibility Manager high-availability deployment
Upgrading the App Visibility server