Install the App Visibility agents for .NET to monitor applications installed on Internet Information Services (IIS) servers. You can use the installation wizard, as described in this topic, or perform a silent installation.
This topic presents the following content:
Before you begin
Before you install the App Visibility agent for .NET, ensure that your environment meets the following requirements:
If the required system settings for the default .NET profiler are assigned to another product, installing App Visibility agent for .NET disables that product.
To install the App Visibility agent for .NET
- Copy and extract the files to a temporary directory on the target computer.
- Launch the installation wizard by double-clicking setup.exe.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the agreement, click I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the installation process ends.
Enter or browse for the installation directory and click Next.
The default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\App Visibility\Agent for .NET.
- On the Agent Details page, provide values for the following parameters and click Next:
- Application Server Display Name—Enter the application server’s display name, which is displayed in the TrueSight console.
The default name is the DNS host name.
- On the Portal Connection Details page, provide values for the following parameters.
- Enter the Portal connection details:
- Portal Server—Enter the IP address or host name on which the App Visibility portal is (or will be) installed.
If a load balancing server manages access to the portal, enter the host name or IP address of the load balancer.
- Portal Port—Enter the App Visibility portal port number.
If a load balancing server manages access to the portal, enter the port number of the load balancer.
If your environment requires the agent to use a proxy server when communicating with the Portal and Collector, select Use Web Proxy Server and enter connection details:
Proxy server details are required only if you are using a reverse proxy server or load balancing server. This server is not the same server as the App Visibility proxy, which is used to collect end-user browser data.
- Proxy Host Name or IP Address—Enter the web proxy server host name or IP address.
- Proxy Port—Enter the web proxy server port number.
- Click Next.
The installation utility tests the connection.
- If the system successfully connects to the App Visibility portal, the Installation Preview page is displayed.
- If the system fails to connect to the App Visibility portal or the proxy server, a validation error is displayed. Click Previous to verify the connection details and test the connection again. If the connection fails again, continue with the installation and change the connection details post-installation.
Review the settings displayed on the Installation Preview page and click Install.
Click Done to end the installation process.
- When the installation process is complete, restart IIS.
Where to go from here
Verify that the App Visibility agent for .NET installation is successful.
Access the TrueSight console.
Installing an App Visibility agent for Java
Changing settings of the App Visibility agent for .NET
10.5.00.001: Fix Pack 1