Before you begin
Before you start the installation process, confirm the following:
- The system on which the root user is installing the product adheres to the hardware, operating system, platform, and software requirements listed in system requirements.
- The downloaded the installation files have been extracted from the zipped distribution file to a directory where the root user has write and execute permissions.
- The system on which the root user is installing the product adheres to the requirements described in preparing for the Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition installation.
- You must have an earlier Real User Analyzer or Collector Software Edition version installed on the system.
To configure the silent installation file
On the system where you want to install the Real User Analyzer and Collector, complete the following procedure:
- As a user with root privileges, navigate to Disk1 in the directory where you extracted the .tgz file.
Use a text editor to open the server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file.
(Optional) To prevent upgrading an Analyzer or Collector installation, add a # symbol to beginning of the relevant line.
Enter the activation key information.
Parameter Description analyzer_activation_key_file_path Enter the path to the activation key file that you received from BMC Customer Support.
Note: Contact BMC Customer Support to receive an activation key file for the Real User Analyzer.
analyzer_company_name_for_activation The company name must match the name that is in the activation key file you received from BMC Customer Support.
- Save and close the server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file.
To upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition silently
- In a command line, navigate to the Disk1 folder in the installation file structure.
- Enter the following command:
./setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<Full File Path>/server-silent-options-linux.txt