Before you begin
Before you start the installation process, confirm the following:
- The system on which the root user is installing the product adheres to the hardware, operating system, platform, and software requirements listed in system requirements.
- The downloaded the installation files have been extracted from the zipped distribution file to a directory where the root user has write and execute permissions.
- The system on which the root user is installing the product adheres to the requirements described in preparing for the Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition installation.
- You must have an earlier Real User Analyzer or Collector Software Edition version installed on the system.
To upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition
On the system where you want to install the software edition, complete the following procedure.
- As a user with root privileges, navigate to Disk1 in the directory where you extracted the .tgz file and run ./setup.bin.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the End User License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the installation process will not continue.
- The installation utility automatically detects the components on the system, and will indicate which components will be upgraded. Click Next.
- If the Real User Analyzer is detected as an installed component, you must enter the company's name as part of the activation key information. The company name must match the name that is in the activation key file you received from BMC Customer Support. If you do not have an activation key file, contact BMC Customer Support.
- Click Browse and select the activation key file's location and then click Next.
- Check that the installation details are correct and click Install.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
A log file is available at the location specified in the Installation Summary page.
You can view the Real User Analyzer and Collector installation euem_install_log.txt log file in the /tmp folder.