Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
This topic presents procedures to upgrade an App Visibility agent for .NET from version 10.0, or later, to the current version. You can upgrade each agent using the upgrade wizard, as described in this topic, or you can upgrade the agent using the silent upgrade procedure.
After you upgrade an agent, it runs using the same log files and configuration, and the same agent policy and recording configuration apply.
Before you begin
Download the App Visibility agentfor .NET installation files from the Electronic Product Distribution site to a temporary directory on the agent computer.
You must have administrative privilegesforthe application server that will be monitored.
To upgrade an App Visibility agentfor .NET
- Copy and extract the files to a temporary directory on the target computer.
- To launch the wizard, double-click setup.exe.
When you run the setup.exe installation wizard on a system with a previous version of the product, the wizard automatically switches to upgrade mode.
On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and then click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the upgrade process ends.
- To confirm that you want to upgrade, click Install.
The utility installs the current version with the same values as the earlier installation.
- If required services are running, such as IIS, click Next to confirm that the services will be stopped.
Services are restarted at the end of the upgrade process.
- After the upgrade is complete, click View Log to view the log files and confirm that the upgrade process was successful.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
After you upgrade from version 10.0.00 on a computer with a Windows 2012 operating system, the App Visibility agentfor .NET does not remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) from the registry.
To remove the file, go to the Windows Control Panel and click Programs and Features. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86).
Behavior of agent and agent policy after upgrade
Upgrading the App Visibility agent does not change the agent policy files. Agent policy files are upgraded with the App Visibility server, and they contain the new features for the agents. The agentfor .NET continues to use the same agent policy file as before the upgrade.
Where to go from here
Verify that upgrade of the agentfor .NET is successful and that the agent to sending data.
If you upgraded your App Visibility server, and you enabled high availability in the upgraded version, ensure that you
change the settings of the App Visibility agent
to connect to the portal's load balancing server.
Preparing for an App Visibility upgrade and checking compatibility
Upgrading App Visibility agents for Java
10.5.00.001: Fix Pack 1
10.5.00.002: Fix Pack 2