Monitoring Studio KM for PATROL is the essential tool for all IT administrators who want to fulfill their custom monitoring needs. This toolbox enables you to monitor almost any technology (application, server, device, etc.) for which there is no out-of-the-box monitoring solution. In a few clicks, you can cover up to 100% of your technologies in your BMC monitoring environment. Compatible with Linux/UNIX and Windows, using Monitoring Studio is a simple and effective way to rapidly deploy the monitoring of custom technologies without any coding. It also has the benefits of a “standard” solution: maintenance, updates, patches, etc. to further respond to growing technological needs for specific business-critical technologies.
With Monitoring Studio, it is possible to set up the monitoring of any technology, customize the way a notification is performed for an alert, or specify a recovery action to run when a problem occurs.
This solution allows you to configure the monitoring of the following technologies (application, server, device, information source, etc.):
- Command Lines to execute commands on Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems and analyze their outputs.
- Database queries to execute SQL queries to Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Server, Oracle Database Server and PostgreSQL databases and analyze their outputs.
- Files to monitor LOG and flat files and know for example when a critical file goes missing, if its size is growing too fast, etc.
- File Systems to monitor the file system’s usage, growth and ensure data is always available.
- Folders to monitor folders usage and their files flow and modification.
- Multi-parameter formula to monitor all the KMs loaded in the PATROL console. You can extract parameters' value, compute them, and perform additional operations (units conversion, correlation, etc.)
- Nagios to integrate and monitor Nagios plugins execution results directly in BMC TrueSight Operations Management or to import an existing Nagios configuration from a Nagios server.
- Processes to ensure that the application’s processes are running properly.
- WBEM Queries to execute WBEM queries to a system and analyze their results.
- SNMP Polling to poll SNMP agents and collect critical information about the middleware.
- SNMP Trap to monitor and listen to SNMP traps and be notified early when a problem occurs.
- Web Requests to monitor web-based applications, send HTTP requests, post forms and ensure that end-users actually see what they should.
- Windows Event Logs to monitor events posted by an application
- Windows Performance Counters to collect information about objects (processors, threads, processes, memory, etc.) present on a Windows server.
- Windows Services to monitor Windows services.
- WMI queries to retrieve and analyze the results of WQL queries.
- String searches and numeric extractions: to search for critical strings or extract numeric values from the information sources previously configured (flat or LOG files, output of a Web request or of a database query, etc.).
- Read the User Documentation for detailed information about the product
- Watch a short video about Monitoring Studio KM for PATROL
- Watch a webinar and learn how Monitoring Studio takes BMC TrueSight off the beaten tracks and reaches new territories
- Learn more about the Nagios integration with the videos 10 Minutes to Migrate Nagios to TrueSight Operations Management and Leverage Nagios Plugins in TrueSight Operations Management
- Visit Sentry Software Web site for detailed information regarding our Monitoring Studio Solution