IBM Spectrum Protect (earlier known as Tivoli Storage Manager KM for PATROL) monitors the Tivoli Storage Manager application within BMC TrueSight Operations Management to ensure it runs efficiently 24 hours a day. It notably:
- detects backup and restore errors
- ensures maximum data protection and maximum availability
- measures jobs progress
- helps diagnosing server problems
- analyzes trend
- detects disk or tapes space shortages
- ensures backups are successful
- helps identify bottlenecks and optimize backup domains.
IBM Spectrum Protect KM for PATROL monitors the:
- Jobs: size, duration, throughput, time elapsed since last backup, number of objects and status
- Server and Storage Agent availability: status memory and CPU time consumption
- Internal server processes: monitoring of database backups, data migration and space reclamation
- Server database and recovery logs: database and file system utilization, cache and buffer performance, time elapsed since last backup and database reorganization, etc.
- Storage pools: space utilization, status, capacity, logical occupancy, growth rates, etc.
- Libraries and drives: number of available drives, status, and number of scratch volumes loaded, etc.
- Client: working status
- IBM Spectrum Protect (earlier known as Tivoli Storage Manager) 5.1 and higher
- IBM Spectrum Protect Backup-Archive Client (earlier known as Tivoli Storage Manager Backup-Archive Client) 5.1 and higher