This topic presents recommendations and considerations for different size BMC ProactiveNet environments that include event management and impact management. Examine the guidelines for each environment to determine which size fits your requirements.
Consider the following guidelines when planning a small event and impact management environment:
Small deployment, event and impact management
Consider the following guidelines when planning a medium event and impact management environment:
Medium deployment, event and impact management
Consider the following guidelines when planning a large event and impact management environment:
- Publish up to 20,000 configuration items at one time.
- Install BMC Atrium CMDB on different computers. For hardware requirements, see BMC Atrium CMDB documentation.
- BMC Atrium CMDB sends devices to the BMC ProactiveNet Server with an automatic synchronization process.
- Install BMC ProactiveNet Remote Cells at each remote location. These remote cells collect events directly from the event sources, filter sympathetic events, and apply normalization and deduplication rules to other events. Only important events are propagated to the event manager of the BMC ProactiveNet Server.
- Configure BMC Atrium CMDB with automated or manual publish modes that send configuration items and relationships to the BMC ProactiveNet Server. For details, see BMC ProactiveNet Service Modeling and Publishing Guide and BMC ProactiveNet Command Line Interface Reference Guide.
- Each remote location runs the BMC ProactiveNet Remote Cell as well as adapters and integration components. This requires a dedicated computer that meets resource requirements.
Large deployment, event and impact management