Before the BMC ProactiveNet Server is installed, you must configure Oracle so that it can be used as the BMC ProactiveNet Server database by
- Creating an Oracle Database instance, as described in Creating an Oracle database instance for the BMC ProactiveNet Server.
- Configuring your Oracle database environment using one of the following methods:
- The BMC ProactiveNet installation utility can create a default Oracle database environment as part of the BMC ProactiveNet Server installation. For instructions, see the [BMC ProactiveNet Installation and Configuration Guide|PDFs^ProactiveNet_Install_Config_9.0.pdf].
- BMC ProactiveNet provides the
run_oracle_db_scripts.sql script that allows you to create a customized Oracle database environment before the BMC ProactiveNet Server is installed, as described in the [BMC ProactiveNet Installation and Configuration Guide|PDFs^ProactiveNet_Install_Config_9.0.pdf].
- You can create an Oracle database environment manually using Oracle server commands, as described in the
BMC ProactiveNet Server supports the following Oracle environments:
- A single Oracle database instance
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Data Guard
Your Oracle database administrator should create and configure the Oracle instances and schema objects required for BMC ProactiveNet.