Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Create a dedicated Oracle database instance on the Oracle server. For instructions, see the Oracle database documentation.
- While creating the Oracle database instance, specify the following character sets:
- Database Character Set - AL32UTF8
- National Character Set - UTF8
- NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS - BYTE
- Ensure that you use the default values for all the other fields, apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Ensure that you dedicate one Oracle database instance exclusively to one BMC ProactiveNet Server.
- BMC recommends that you set the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS value to BYTE, and set the DB_BLOCK_SIZE value to 8192. If you set the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS value to CHAR, ensure that you set the DB_BLOCK_SIZE value to 16384.
Other Oracle instance configuration recommendations
- Set the Oracle database instance on the Oracle server to run in archivelog mode. For instructions on how to set the archivelog mode, see the Oracle database documentation.
- Create at least two sets of redo log files with a minimum of 500 MB each on the Oracle database instance.
- BMC ProactiveNet Server communicates with the Oracle database using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC). It does not require additional software such as Oracle Client to be present on the server where BMC ProactiveNet Server is installed.