BMC Impact Model Designer is installed with BMC ProactiveNet CMDB Extensions.
The table below lists the requirements to install and use BMC ProactiveNet CMDB Extensions and BMC Impact Model Designer.
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64 bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64 bit) and above
- Sun Solaris 10
Hard disk capacity
Hardware requirements for CMDB extensions are identical to AR system as they are installed on the same AR server. BMC Impact Model Designer and BMC ProactiveNet CMDB Extensions are supported with the following version of the BMC Atrium Core Console:
- BMC Atrium CMDB version 7.6.04 SP2, SP3, and SP4
- BMC Atrium CMDB version 8.0.00 (with the BMC ProactiveNet version 9.0.00.01 patch)
- BMC Atrium CMDB version version 8.1 (with BMC ProactiveNet version 9.0 SP2)
You may require additional memory to install BMC Atrium Core Console. For more information, see the BMC Action Request System Compatibility and Support Matrix available on the BMC Support site.
- BMC Atrium Core Console is not supported with the JBoss server for BMC Remedy Mid Tier on IBM AIX
- The TIBCO ActiveMatrix Runtime UDDI Server is not supported on the following platforms:
- HP-UX PA-RISC (but supported on HP-UX Itanium)
- IBM AIX 6.1
For more information, see the TIBCO ActiveMatrix Runtime UDDI Server Installation Guide.
For information about installing BMC Impact Model Designer, see the BMC ProactiveNet Service Modeling and Publishing Guide.