Verify that no errors occurred during the installation by reviewing the installation logs and by verifying that all the objects were installed.
To verify the installation
- Navigate to the following locations:
- The current user's temporary directory (%temp%)
- The Logs folder in the BMC Analytics installation directory (for example, C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Analytics\Logs)
- Review the installation logs and verify that no errors occurred.
- Review the following list of installed objects and ensure that all of the items were installed for your environment:
Additional optional verification tasks
The following verification tasks are optional:
- Verify the installation directory and the sub-directories
- Verify the default installation directory under C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMCAnalyticsForBSM.
- Verify the sub-directories in the installation directory. For example, BIAR, LCMBIAR, AR Form, Docs, etc.
- Verify the BMC Analytics for BSM version using any of the following options:
Verify the version.txt file in the Analytics installation directory.
Import the Universe using the file menu and go to parameters in the Definition tab.
Check through the Control Panel option.
- Verify the following out-of-the-box universe and reports
- Log in to the Central Management System or the Universe Designer Tool and verify the out-of-the-box Universe (ITSM).
- Log in to the Central Management System or the Universe Designer Tool and verify the out-of-the-box Connection (ITSM).
- Log in to the Central Management System and verify the out-of-the-box Reports folder and sub-folders.
- Verify the ITSM application folders under BMC Analytics for BSM (for example, Incident Management).
- Log in to InfoView and verify the out-of-the-box reports
- Access at least one or two reports from each module and refresh the data.
- Verify the following types of hyperlinks:
- Main Report (Summary) to the Sub-Report (Detail).
- The (back) link to the Main Report (Summary).
- Verify the BMC Remedy Mid-Tier link from the report.
- Access the out-of-the-box ITSM Universe and create a sample ad-hoc report.
- Verify the ANA:Fiscal_Calendar form (\All Objects\Forms\ANA:Fiscal_Calendar).
- Verify the ANA_Fiscal_Calendar.def file (C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMCAnalyticsForBSM\BSMAnalytics\ARForm\ANA_Fiscal_Calendar.def).
- Verify BMC Analytics for BSM from BMC Remedy Mid-Tier
- Verify the Fiscal Calendar link.
- Verify the Analytics link.
- Verify the BMC Analytics for BSM database objects
- Log in to the database and verify the tables, views, procedures, functions, packages, etc. of the following objects:
Where to go from here
Configuring after installation