To uninstall BMC Analytics for Business Service Management (BMC Analytics for BSM), you must perform the following steps.
Before you begin
If you are upgrading BMC Analytics for BSM, you must create a backup of the universe and reports using the Import Wizard before you uninstall your existing version of the product.
To uninstall BMC Analytics for BSM application files on Windows
- On the Microsoft Windows desktop, choose Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Add or Remove Programs window, select BMC Analytics for BSM version.
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- In the feature selection window, select the items that you want to uninstall, and click Next.
- In the summary information window, review the summary information, and click Uninstall.
The process begins. When the process is finished, another summary window appears to report the completion status.
- Click Done to exit.
To uninstall BMC Analytics for BSM application files on UNIX or Linux
- In the installation directory for BMC Analytics for BSM, navigate to the BMCAnalyticsforBSM/uninstall.sh script.
- Execute the uninstall.sh script.
There might be a few minutes delay while the Uninstaller window opens.
- In the Uninstaller window, click Next.
- Select BMC Analytics for BSM Uninstallation, and click Next.
- Review the summary information, and click Next.
The uninstaller utility uninstalls BMC Analytics for BSM.
- Click Finish to exit.
Where to go from here
Proceed to one of the following tasks: