If you are using BMC Analytics for Business Service Management (BMC Analytics for BSM) with BMC Remedy OnDemand, you must configure the BMC Remedy ITSM Home page to launch the BMC Analytics for BSM product.
Before you begin
You must have installed and configured BMC Analytics for BSM. If you have not performed that task, you receive a message instructing you to install and configure the product.
The account you use must have administrator privileges to the BMC Remedy ITSM home page.
To configure the link to launch BMC Analytics for BSM
(For BMC Remedy AR System version 7.5.x, 7.6.04, 7.6.04 SP1, 7.6.04 SP2, 8.0, and 8.1)
- Using BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the ANA:Analytics:OpenURLGuide active link guide.
- In the Entry Point section, change the start active link from ANA:Analytics:Message to ANA:Analytics:OpenURL.
- Change the active link guide permission from Public Hidden to Public Visible.
- Save the active link guide.
- Open the ANA:Analytics:OpenURL active link.
- In the if actions Run Process action, provide one of the following URLs where the <hostName> value is the host where SAP BusinessObjects is installed, and <port> is the port number used by SAP BusinessObjects:
- (If you use BMC Atrium Single Sign-On) http://<hostName>:<port>/BI
- In the if actions Run Process action, change Change the Execution Options from Disabled to Enable.
Save the active link.
Restart BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- Save the active link.
- Restart the BMC Remedy Mid Tier server.