This section provides information about what is new or changed in this space, including urgent issues, documentation updates, service packs, and patches.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
June 19, 2015
BMC PATROL for Hadoop 1.0.00 release provides you with the following features:
- Monitor different Hadoop vendors
- Discover all the components in the Hadoop environment
- Monitor the following components in the Hadoop environment
- Secondary NameNodes
- Create filters for monitoring
- View diagnostic reports
- BMC TrueSight Central Monitoring Administration support
- Configure Hadoop environment using BMC TrueSight Central Monitoring Administration console
Accessing online Help
Online Help for KMs is no longer available from the following consoles:
- PATROL Central Operator – Microsoft Windows Edition
- PATROL Central Operator – Web Edition
- PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows
- PATROL Console for UNIX.
However, Online Help will continue to be available from the BMC TrueSight Operations Management console and BMC Central Monitoring Administration. For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions on Online Help.
You can create a custom PDF of this release notes and notices branch.
Click here to see the steps.
The BMC Documentation portal gives you the ability to generate PDF and Microsoft Word documents of single pages, and to create PDF exports of multiple pages in a space.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
For example, selecting This page and its children from the home page exports the entire space to PDF.
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Where to go from here
Before you get started, see planning, for information about the software and hardware requirements. For information about obtaining the installation files, see Downloading the installation files.
Known and corrected issues