BMC Change Management provides a system of planning, scheduling, implementing, and tracking changes that need to be completed within your organization. BMC Change Management is closely aligned with standard ITIL service management processes. It works in conjunction with the BMC Remedy Approval Server and the other BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) applications. Using BMC Change Management in combination with these applications enables you to assess the scope of the change, analyze the costs associated with the change (in terms of time and expense), perform impact and risk analysis, and schedule the resources needed to complete the change. Using the BMC Service Level Management (BMC SLM) application enables you to define service targets and measure the efforts of your support staff as they implement the changes.
BMC Release Management
Release management is the process responsible for planning, scheduling, and controlling the movement of releases to test and live environments.
Release Management includes default support for managing standard release work items by:
- Tracking and managing change and deployment activities
- Automatically notifying stakeholders at every phase of the release process
- Contributing to meeting auditable requirements for traceability through service transition
- Delivering changes faster and at an optimum cost and minimized risk
- Assuring that customers and users can use the new or changed service in a way that supports the business goals
- Improving consistency in the implementation approach across the business change, service teams, suppliers, and customers
With numerous changes occurring daily, Release Management is the key component in making sure that applications are successfully deployed without compromising the integrity or availability of the production environment. Using a systematic and repeatable release process, organizations can achieve greater success rates of change rollout, higher quality of IT service, and accelerated time-to-market.