This section describes the procedure to create additional approvers on an ad hoc basis for a change request.
To add approvers
- Open the change request.
- Advance through the states of your change request until you reach an approval stage.
- Click the Approvers tab.
The Approvers table shows the list of approvers generated for the change request. Their signature is required for approval. You might need to refresh the table to see the lists. The list contains the following information:
- Approval Status — Indicates status of work on the change
- Approvers — Indicates the names of the approvers
- Name — Indicates either the individual's full name or the support group name
Alternate Signature — This column indicates if the logged on user, who is not in the approvers list, has the ability to take approval action on the signature. The value of this column can be one of the following:
- Null when:
- the logged on user is in the approver list
- the logged on user is not in the approver list, an Override Admin, an alternate approver, or Full Admin
- Logged on user's ID when:
- the user is the alternate approver
- the user is an override admin for the process with which the signature is associated
- the user is a full admin for the process with which the signature is associated
This information is not displayed when viewing All Approvals or Future Approvals.
- On the Add Approver dialog box, select an individual, or a group to add.
- Enter the name of one or more individuals or groups.
- (Optional) To search for an individual, enter a name or initial in the Full Name+ field, and press Enter.
- Click Save.
You might have to refresh the table field to see all approvers.
- Click Save.
The approver is notified that they must review the change request.