Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
BMC recommends that you install the TrueSight Capacity Optimization product when logged on as a user with root access. If you cannot perform the installation a root user, you must complete this task before you can install the product.
If you have access to the root user, proceed to Installing the Application Server and components. The required user, group, and system properties will be automatically set by the installer.
If you are using a Supported Oracle Database Server, you must have a supported Oracle Client installed on the host system or virtual machine.
Create the system user, and its home folder.
As a best practice, name the user group
cpit, user name
cpit, and the home directory
groupadd -g 87654321 cpit
useradd -g cpit -d /opt/cpit -s /bin/bash -c "BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization" -K UMASK=002 cpit
chown cpit:cpit /opt/cpit
chmod 775 /opt/cpit
UMASK for cpit has been explicitly set to allow users in the same group to modify files, and allow every user in the system to read files and folders created by the cpit user.
- Ensure that the primary group names do not include space or parenthesis.
- Change the default password, 'cpit', for the cpit user.
Define the open file limit for the cpit user.
echo "cpit soft nofile 10240" >> /etc/security/limits.conf
echo "cpit hard nofile 65536" >> /etc/security/limits.conf
Defining this limit allows simultaneous execution of other operations on the same host. For example, importing data using ETL tasks.
Create a temporary folder for the installation files.
BMC recommends you to use
Define the cpit user as the owner of the temporary folder.
chown -R cpit:cpit /opt/cpitinstall
Xvfb should be installed on Linux to install the product using the GUI.
- (Optional) If, on the application server, you plan to run an ETL process that accesses Windows shares, you need to enable permission for the application server to mount Windows shares. For more information, see Enabling Windows shares mounting.
- (Optional) Ensure that the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization system user, which runs the application server and ETL Engine, has permission to use the system crontab file:
- If the host has a cron.deny policy, ensure that the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization user is not included.
- If the host has a cron.allow policy, add the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization user to it.