Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To upgrade the Gateway Server on Windows
- Extract the bpa_<component>_<version>_windows.zip file to a temporary directory.
- Navigate to the image subdirectory and double-click the setup.exe file.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- Ensure that the Gateway Server component is selected for installation. Click Next.
- The installation type used during the original installation is selected by default. Click Next.
- If the original installation was Typical, you are brought to the final page of the wizard where you can review the information on the Installation Preview page and click Install to begin the installation.
- If the original installation was Custom, continue with the remainder of this procedure.
- Choose your desired security level. When you are finished, click Next.
- If the original security level was Basic, you can review and modify the communication settings between the Gateway Server and Perform Agents, as well as the account, collection, repository, and port options for the agents. The steps that follow describe the steps that you must perform.
- If the original security level was Advanced, network communication between the Gateway Server and Perform Agents is disabled. This option brings you to the page where you can configure your migration settings, and then to the final page of the wizard. Continue with this procedure from the migrate options.
- Verify or modify the communication protocol by which the agents send alerts and notifications to the administrator. When you are finished, click Next.
- Verify or modify the location of the BMC Perform Agent user account.
- If Disable BMC Perform Agent User Account is selected, the account was created but immediately disabled. Click Next.
- Verify or modify the data collection options and click Next.
- Enable collection of historical data collects historical data for Investigate real-time charts.
- Data Repository is the directory where you want to save the collected historical data.
- Set Perform Agent to start automatically starts Perform Agent immediately upon finishing the installation procedure.
- Port numbers for the service daemon, Perform Agent, status reporting, and Gateway Services are correct.
- Maximum process command length to collect reflects the maximum length, in bytes, of the process command you want the agent to collect. Verify that this parameter is correct, as it might reset to the original default (2048) during upgrade.
- Choose the items you want to migrate during the upgrade. When you are finished, click Next.
- Select Migrate Agent to migrate the agent configuration files. For more information on these files, see Agent configuration file and Authorization configuration file.
- Select Migrate Console to migrate the data files related to the console. These files include policy files (.plc), script files (.vmn and .msf), the console settings file (perform.msc), best1analyze.ini (used to filter metric tables for Visualizer), the hardware table files (best1user.odm and best1user.hrw), the license file, scheduled scripts, and the configuration files found in \BEST1\NTC\local\setup (by default, C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Patrol3\\BEST1\NTC\local\setup).
- Review the information on the Installation Preview page and click Install.
You will receive a notification confirming that the installation process is complete.
- Click View Log for details and click Done to complete the installation process.