This procedure describes how to deploy the OpenStack View in BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization. For more information, refer to the following sections:
Before you begin
You must have successfully completed Configuring an ETL task to import data for OpenStack API Extractor.
Installing the OpenStack View
To install the OpenStack View, perform the following task:
- In the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization console, click Administration > System > Maintenance, and select the Additional Packages tab.
- In the components table under Additional Packages, click against the OpenStack view component to install.
- The Install: OpenStack view page is displayed. Complete the onscreen steps.
- Click Proceed to finish the integration.
To ensure successful integration of OpenStack View in BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, you must verify that that the OpenStack View works correctly.
Depending on the hypervisors (vSphere and KVM) installed in your OpenStack deployment, install the vSphere view and KVM view.
Verifying the installation status
To verify that the installation was successful and that the view is working properly, follow these steps:
- In the console, navigate to the Additional Packages tab under Administration > SYSTEM > Maintenance.
- Locate the OpenStack view component under the Item column. You can verify the integration status simply by looking at the color of the row:
- Green: The task has ended correctly; in this case, BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization is now correctly integrated with OpenStack.
- Blue: The task is still running; in this case, wait for it to complete.
- Yellow or red: The task execution failed due to errors; in this case, you can find out more about the errors by examining the deployment log that can be downloaded by clicking on the icon.
- Point your browser to http://<your_BMC_Capacity_Optimization_server>:<port>/console and sign in to the console using your credentials.
- Navigate to Views > All Views > Cloud, and if you can see the OpenStack View under it, it means that the installation completed successfully.
Access the OpenStack View. Ensure that the monitored infrastructure is represented correctly, and that all tables and charts are populated with data.
OpenStack - OpenStack API Extractor Service