Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To create reports in Capacity Optimization, navigate to the Works folder under Workspace > All Domains > Domain. You can create the following types of reports:
- Basic Report: A Basic Report can be created directly from the console. You can create a basic report either by including existing analyses or models, or create new analyses or models in the system from scratch and create a basic report that uses them. You can also create a basic report using a basic report template. In short, you require analyses or models to create a basic report, and you cannot create one without them.
- Advanced Report: An Advanced Report can be created by using an advanced report template. You can create an advanced report template by using an external tool, such as Integration Studio, and cannot be created from the console. Advanced reports are similar to basic reports, since they can also be created by using existing or new analyses. You can also customize the content and format of advanced reports, and use existing advanced report templates created using an external tool.
- Composed Basic Report: A Composed Basic Report can be created by using existing basic reports. You can use the basic reports from same or different domains.
Report Template types
A report template defines the structure of a report, and describes its content in terms of the data to extract, and includes charts, tables, time period information and descriptions. After you create a report template, you can reuse it across different domains and time periods, to create or generate basic reports based on analyses and models that it contains.
The report template types available in Capacity Optimization are:
- Basic Report Template: It is a template that is based on the structure of a basic report. The basic concept behind it is to save a basic report as a template for future reuse, one that contains analyses and models that you frequently use or require. Doing this saves you time and quickens the process of creating a basic report based on frequently used analyses and time period information. Some important properties of a basic report template (BRT) are:
- Advanced Report Template: It is a template that is based on the structure of an advanced report. The basic concept behind it is to save an advanced report as a template for future reuse, one that contains analyses, models and other customizations that you frequently use or make to an advanced report. Doing this saves you time and quickens the process of creating an advanced report, which otherwise would require you to customize and format your advanced report in an external tool, such as Integration Studio, each time you need to create one. You can add the following types of advanced report templates in TrueSight Capacity Optimization:
Where to go from here
For information on creating reports and report templates in TrueSight Capacity Optimization, see Creating reports.
Viewing the details of Report templates
Creating an advanced report template using BIRT in Integration Studio