Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To add a user account
- Under Administration > Users > Accounts, click Add account, and enter the following information:
- Name: A unique name for the user account.
- Full name: Full name of the user.
- (Optional) Description: Brief description of the user account.
- E-mail: An email address for the account.
- Page Layout: Select a page layout for the user.
- Default section: Select the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console page that is displayed when the user logs on successfully.
(Optional): External authentication: Select the check box if the user is authenticated using an external authentication.
By default, external authentication is allowed and this option is not available. This option is available only when local authentication is allowed for external users in the Global Configuration. For more details about configuring external authentication, see Configuring user authentication.
(Optional): Password and Re-enter password: Type and re-type a password.
The user is sent an email with the password and must change it after logging on for the first time.
The Password and Re-enter password fields are disabled when the External authentication is enabled for external users.
- Roles: From the list of Available roles, select one or more roles (Click, Ctrl+Click or Click+Drag) for the user account, and then click to add them to Selected roles. To remove roles from Selected, select one or more roles and click .
- Access groups: From the list of Available access groups, select one or more access group, and then click . To To remove access groups from Selected, select one or more access groups and click .
- Click Save.
The name and email address are mandatory and must be unique, because they are used to distinguish users in TrueSight Capacity Optimization.
To edit or delete a user account
- Click a user name to edit or delete from the Accounts table. Alternately, you can also click the buttons to perform these actions directly.
The detail page for the selected user account is displayed in the working area, listing all roles and access groups associated with the account.
- Click Edit or Delete.
For Edit, the Edit user account page is displayed. Make changes, and click Save.
Clicking Delete will present a confirmation and information box. Click Proceed to delete the user account.
Where to go from here
After you have successfully created a user account, you are ready to sign in to the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console. At this point, you may want to move on to the next step, and perform any of the following operations: