Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Adding a new access group
You can add a new access group by performing the following steps:
Click Add access group on the top of the table in the Access groups page and enter the following information:
|Name:||Type unique name for the access group.|
|Description||Type brief description for the access group.|
|Access group assignment||Select any one:|
- Assign this access group by default to all users: To assign this access group to all users on their login.
- Assign this access group automatically to external users having external group names matching the below list: To assign this access group to the external users that have external names matching with the names specified in the External names box. Users are assigned this access group on their login. When you select this option, the External names box is enabled.
|External names||If you have external authentication (Atrium SSO or LDAP), you can specify the names of Atrium SSO or LDAP groups to associate with this access group, separated by a semi-colon (";"). For instance, if you specify BMC external users as the external name for an access group, all external users that have external name mapping to BMC external users will be automatically assigned the corresponding access group on logging in to BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization.|
- Click Save.
Edit or deleting an access group
You can edit or delete an access group by performing the following steps:
- Click an access group to edit or delete from the Access groups table. Alternately, you can also click the buttons to perform these actions directly.
The detail page for the selected access group is displayed in the working area, listing all activities associated with the account.
- Click Edit or Delete.
For Edit, the Edit access group page is displayed. Make changes, and click Save.
Clicking Delete will present a confirmation and information (only if you click the buttons directly) box. Click Proceed to delete the selected access group.
Configuring an access group
To configure an access group, specifying the domains, report groups, edit views, view group and task groups that will be available to its members, follow these steps:
- Click the access group name in the Access groups table.
- On the Visible Entities table, click Edit, and select Edit domains, Edit report groups, Edit views and view group, or Edit task groups.
- Select the desired domain, report group, task group, edit views or view group from the selection box.
- (Only for report groups) Select the Recurse on contained report groups check box if you want to import all the contained domains or report groups respectively. For Edit Views and view group select the Recurse on contained view groups check box.
- Click Save.
Repeat each step to add as many elements as you wish to the access group.
When editing an access group, you can delete single items or groups. Deleting a group also removes all its descendants. Similarly, if you create a sub-domain under one of the domains allowed by an access group, all members of the group will be able to access it.