You can remove custom property classes, instances of property classes, or user-defined properties in a custom or built-in property class. You cannot remove a property, custom property class, or instance if it is already being used in BMC Server Automation, as described below:
- A property cannot be removed when the property is:
- Referenced, such as in a parameter or component template signature.
- Included in an instance of a custom property class or a component template property set
- A custom property class cannot be removed when:
- The custom property class is referenced by a property class property
- The custom property class has a subclass
- An instance of the custom property class exists
If a property class property references a custom property class and that property class property is applied to a versioned object such as a job or component, you can never remove the custom property class. Even if you remove the custom property class from the versioned object, an earlier version of that object continues to use the custom property class.
- An instance of a property class cannot be removed when it is being used as a value of a property class property.
Instead of removing a property, custom property class, or instance that is in use, you can deprecate the item. Deprecation means that the property, custom property class, or instance still exists, but it no longer appears in the Property Dictionary. After it is deprecated, you cannot create another property, custom property class, or instance with the same name. If you attempt this, the system prompts you to undeprecate the item. If you do, the property, custom property class, or instance is returned to the Properties Dictionary.
To remove or deprecate a property, custom property class, or instance
- Choose Configuration > Property Dictionary View.
- Using the Property Class Navigation pane, do one of the following:
- Select the property class or subclass from which you want to delete a property. Click the Properties tab and select the properties to remove.
- Select a custom property class or subclass to remove.
- Select a property class or subclass for which you want to delete an instance. Click the Instance tab and select the instances to remove.
- Click Remove . The selected items are removed unless an item is being used elsewhere in BMC Server Automation. If an item is in use, you are prompted to mark the item as deprecated.
- If necessary, click Yes to deprecate an item.