The topics in this section provide information about integrating BMC Server Automation with other BMC products and solutions. The following table provides a high-level description about the various products and solutions that can be integrated with BMC Server Automation and includes links to topics with detailed instructions.
Available integrations with other BMC products
- BMC Server Automation with BMC BladeLogic Server Configuration Discovery - BMC BladeLogic Server Configuration Discovery provides add-on content for the client tier of a BMC Server Automation system. It enable the discovery and management of third-party software applications in collaboration with BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping.
- BMC Remedy ITSM Change Management - You can integrate BMC Server Automation with BMC Remedy ITSM Change Management processes to enable tracking of infrastructure change actions.
- BMC Atrium Service Context - BMC Server Automation supports BMC Atrium Service Context. The Service Context Summary window in BMC Atrium Explorer enables you to view the key attributes of a service. These attributes are extracted, collected, and compiled from compatible BMC applications running in your environment, including BMC Server Automation.
- BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration - The BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration enables you to share data about the endpoint computers in your BMC Server Automation system with the BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite of products. BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration uses the BMC BladeLogic Decision Support for Server Automation interface to obtain data that BMC Server Automation acquired. The BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration product facilitates the integration of BMC Server Automation configuration data with the BMC Asset dataset in the BMC Atrium CMDB. Also see Configuring BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration after installation.
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator - You can integrate the Workflow Jobs in BMC Server Automation with BMC Atrium Orchestrator. This integration provides administrators many capabilities for connecting data center tasks and performing many other types of tasks.
Integrations with third party products
- Cisco UCS Manager - BMC Server Automation UCS Manager enables you to manage and provision one or more Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) using the BMC Server Automation Console. BMC Server Automation UCS Manager integrates with and leverages the Cisco UCS Manager, the management interface embedded on a Cisco UCS platform.
- Chef-solo - For version 8.7 and later, you can execute Chef cookbooks on BMC Server Automation targets by using the BMC Server Automation deployment capabilities and Chef-solo. This out of the box integration enables you to execute Chef cookbooks on the targets without having a Chef Server in your environment.