For VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and RHEV Manager platforms, you can set operating system defaults to be used for the Virtual Guest Packages that are created by the Virtual Guest Template Enrollment Job.
For example, you might create a default Windows Server 2003 configuration to set license keys for the VGPs that are created for templates that are discovered on Windows Server 2003 systems.
This topic contains the following sections:
This procedure applies to VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and RHEV Manager environments.
To create default configuration settings for Virtual Guest Packages:
- Select Configuration > Virtualization Configuration.
- Click Add.
The Add Customization Information window opens.
- Under Operating System Type, click the operating system for this default configuration.
- Provide information for the fields on the window. (Fields displayed in the window depend on the operating system type you selected.)
Specify the following fields:
- OS Name — Select an operating system from the drop-down list.
- User Name — Enter the user name for the virtual machine.
- Organization — Specify an organization name for the user associated with the virtual machines created from the VGP. For example, Development, Customer Service, and so on.
- Administrator Password and Confirm Password — Enter the local administrator's password, and then enter it again in the Confirm Password field.
- License Key — Enter the key to the OS license you are using, including all hyphens in the key.
- Workgroup — Enter the name of the workgroup to which you want to add the virtual machine.
- Windows Server Domain — Enter the name of the domain to which you want to add the virtual machine.
- Domain User Name — Enter the name of the user account for the domain.
- Password and Confirm Password — Enter the user's password, and then enter it again in the Confirm Password field.
- Time Zone — Select the time zone for the virtual machine from the drop-down list.
- Locale — Select the locale for the virtual machine from the drop-down list.
- Click OK to save your configuration settings.
Where to go from here
Automatically creating a Virtual Guest Package