You can change a property value for one or more system objects. You can change property values for all system objects within one or more groups, folders, or smart groups. You can also select one or more individual system objects and change property values for them.
You cannot change property values for custom server objects.
To change property values for one or more system objects
- Select the system objects for which you want to change property values. In the Servers, Components, Component Templates, Depot, Jobs, Devices, or RBAC Manager folders, select one or more system objects, groups, folders, or smart groups.
To select multiple items, display the contents of a folder in a Group Explorer view. Then select the items you want to modify.
in the RBAC Manager folder, you can only change property values for users and roles.
- Do one of the following:
- For servers, right-click and select Administration Task > Set Server Property from the pop-up menu.
- For all other types of objects, right-click and select Set objectType Property from the pop-up menu. In this command, objectType is the type of object to which you are assigning a property value, such as Patches or Depot Objects.
- From Name, select the property for which you want to set a value.
- For Value, enter a value for the selected property by doing any of the following:
- To set a property value back to its default value, click Reset to Default Value .
The value of the property is reset to the value it inherits from a built-in property class.
- Depending on the type of property you are editing, you can take different actions to set a new value, such as entering an alphanumeric string, choosing from an enumerated list, or selecting a date. To insert a parameter into the value, enter the value, bracketed with double question mark delimiters (for example,
??MyPARAMETER??) or click Select Property . For more information, see Inserting a parameter.
- Click OK.
The new value is applied to all selected system objects.