This topic presents upgrade procedures for the App Visibility server from version 10.0 to the current version. You can upgrade App Visibility components using the upgrade wizard, as described in this topic, or you can upgrade the components using the silent upgrade procedure.
When you run the installation wizard on a system with a previous version of the product, the wizard automatically switches to upgrade mode for the installed component or components.
The App Visibility portal and collector upgrade processes include a database migration, which moves data from the previous MySQL App Visibility database, to the current PostgreSQL App Visibility database.
The following topics are presented:
Before you begin
To upgrade the App Visibility server
- On the computer where you want to upgrade the App Visibility server component or components, launch the installation wizard:
- (Windows) Navigate to ADOPServer\Disk1 and double-click setup.exe.
In Windows 2008, the system may require you to right-click the setup.exe icon to select to Run as administrator.
- (Linux) Ensure that you have a DISPLAY environment variable set.
Navigate to ADOPServer/Disk1 and run setup.bin.
On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and then click Next. If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the upgrade process ends.
If prompted, select the upgrade component:
- If the App Visibility portal, collector, and proxy are installed on the computer, all components are selected on the Features page and all components must be upgraded.
- If one or more server components are not installed, you can select to install another component on the Features page.
For instructions about installing the new component, see Performing the App Visibility server installation.
- (For portal or collector) On the Database Migration and Connection Information page, complete the following:
- Enter the MySQL database root password to remove the database tables.
If the root password is the default, do not change the entered password.
- Enter a port number for the PostgreSQL database.
The port number cannot be the same as the current MySQL database port (default 3301).
The default port number for the PostgreSQL database is 8800.
Verify that the information on the Installation Preview page reflects your upgrade correctly. Click Previous to make changes, or click Install.
If the database migration has issues, a warning or error message is displayed.
(10.1.00) If you cancel the upgrade process, the system might not be able to revert to the previous version and might not function as expected.
- After the upgrade is complete, click View Log to view the log files and confirm that the upgrade process was successful.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
To adjust the App Visibility portal database size
After you upgrade the App Visibility portal to version 10.1.00, you can adjust the maximum database size (
db.max.size). The upgrade utility always sets the default value to 102400 MB (100 GB).
Use the following procedure to reset the maximum database size:
- On the computer where the App Visibility portal is installed, open the portal.properties file located in the following directory:
- Edit the
db.max.size value, in megabytes.
- Save the portal.properties file and restart the portal service.
Where to go from here
After you upgrade the App Visibility server components, do the following:
Upgrading App Visibility agents for Java
Upgrading App Visibility agents for .NET
Changing App Visibility collector settings
Changing App Visibility portal settings
Changing App Visibility proxy settings