You can verify that the BMC TrueSight App Visibility server installation was successful by reviewing the log files created during the installation, and examining server processes and services.
Before you begin
You must have installed the App Visibility server components as described in Performing the App Visibility server installation or Performing the App Visibility server installation silently .
To verify that the App Visibility server installation was successful
- Access the adopserver_install_log file that is located in the %temp% directory (Windows) or /tmp folder (Linux).
- Check for warnings or errors.
If no error messages are present, the installation was successful.
- According to what you installed, verify that the App Visibility server components are running:
- Check for errors reported in the App Visibility log files in the following locations:
If a network port is occupied, the App Visibility server component stops, as reflected in the component log, but the log message does not give the reason.
- After you add App Visibility to the TrueSight console, see the Components page of the TrueSight console to confirm that the portal is connected.
Where to go from here
Installing an App Visibility agent for Java
Installing an App Visibility agent for .NET
Installing a Transaction Execution Adapter Agent (TEA Agent)
Changing App Visibility portal settings
Changing App Visibility collector settings
Changing App Visibility proxy settings
Adding App Visibility to the TrueSight console
Starting and stopping the App Visibility server services
Troubleshooting App Visibility Manager
Known and corrected issues