Before applying feature packs or fix packs on the Presentation Server, ensure that you review and complete the following prerequisite activities and requirements.
- If you have custom security certificates for the internal communication between the Presentation Server and App Visibility Manager, ensure that your files are not overwritten by the upgrade process. See instructions "To replace security files for communication with the Presentation Server" in the topic.
Ensure to close all the files and folders opened in the current session as well as close other user sessions on the server before applying feature packs or fix packs.
- Ensure that the environment variable TRUESIGHTPSERVER_HOME is set to the Presentation Server installation folder.
Manually stop any components that are directly connected to the Presentation Server (for example, Infrastructure Management, App Visibility Manager components).
- Ensure that the Presentation Server is running before applying feature packs or fix packs. If the Presentation Server is not running, start it by running the following command:
tssh server start(Linux)
./tssh server start
Run the tssh server status command from the installationDirectory\truesightpserver\bin folder and verify that the status of the Presentation Server is Running before applying feature packs or fix packs.
On Linux computers, add
&at the end of the
tssh server startcommand so that the process runs in the background and you can continue to use the shell.
Where to go from here
Apply the feature pack or fix pack on the Presentation Server using one of the following procedures:
- Applying feature packs or fix packs using the Presentation Server installer
- Applying feature packs or fix packs on the Presentation Server silently
For an overview of applying feature packs or fix packs on the Presentation Server, see Applying feature packs or fix packs on the Presentation Server.