Before you begin
Before you start the installation process, confirm the following:
- The system on which the root user is installing the product adheres to the hardware, operating system, platform, and software requirements listed in system requirements.
- The installation files have been downloaded and extracted from the zipped distribution file to a directory where the root user has write and execute permissions.
- If you are planning to install the Real User Analyzer component, you must have an activation key file from BMC Customer Support. You will need this file to complete the installation of the Real User Analyzer.
- You must have an earlier Real User Analyzer or Collector Software Edition version installed on the system.
To configure the silent installation file
On the system where you want to install the Real User Analyzer and Collector, complete the following procedure:
Use a text editor to open the server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file.
(Optional) To prevent upgrading an Analyzer or Collector installation, add a # symbol to beginning of the relevant line.
Verify the configuration information and change the port number or SNMP status, if required.
Ensure that the port number you enter is available.
Parameter Description snmp_port Port number for the SNMP service. The default SNMP port number can be changed, if necessary. snmp_active Change to true to enable SNMP.
Enter the activation key information.
Parameter Description analyzer_activation_key_file_path Enter the path to the activation key file that you received from BMC Customer Support.
If you do not have an activation key file, you can use the Real User Analyzer for a 30-day trial period by entering the Trial in this field.
Note: Contact BMC Customer Support to receive an activation key file for the Real User Analyzer.
The company name must match the name that is in the activation key file you received from BMC Customer Support.
If you do not have an activation key file, you can use the Real User Analyzer for a 30-day trial period by entering your company's name.
- Save and close the server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt file.
To upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition silently
- In a command line, navigate to the Disk1 folder in the installation file structure.
- Enter the following command:
./setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<Full File Path>/server-silent-upgrade-options-linux.txt