Before you begin
Before you start the installation process, confirm the following:
- The system on which the root user is installing the product adheres to the hardware, operating system, platform, and software requirements listed in system requirements.
- The installation files have been downloaded and extracted from the zipped distribution file to a directory where the root user has write and execute permissions.
- If you are planning to install the Real User Analyzer component, you must have an activation key file from BMC Customer Support. You will need this file to complete the installation of the Real User Analyzer.
- You must have an earlier Real User Analyzer or Collector Software Edition version installed on the system.
To upgrade Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition
On the system where you want to install the software edition, complete the following procedure.
As a user with root privileges, navigate to Disk1 in the directory where you extracted the .zip file and run ./setup.bin.
- On the End User License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the installation process will not continue.
- The installation utility automatically detects the components on the system, and will indicate which components will be upgraded. Click Next.
- If you selected to install the Real User Analyzer, you must enter the path to the activation key file that you received from BMC Customer Support, enter the company's name, and click Next. The company's name must match the name that is in the activation key file. If you do not have an activation key file, contact BMC Customer Support.
If you do not have an activation key file, you can use the Real User Analyzer for a 30-day trial period by leaving the path to the activation key file empty and entering your company's name.
- For SNMP functionality, select the Enable SNMP box. The default SNMP port number can be changed, if necessary.
If you want to enable SNMP functionality after the installation is finished, you can
enable SNMP for the Real User Analyzer or Collector
through the component's interface.
- Check that the installation details are correct and click Install.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
A log file is available at the location specified in the Installation Summary page.
You can view the Real User Analyzer and Collector installation euem_install_log.txt log file in the /tmp folder.