Before you begin
Download the following agent upgrade files from the Electronic Product Distribution site to a temporary directory on the agent computer:
You must have execute privileges on the upgrade scripts and write access to the upgrade location.
To upgrade an App Visibility agent for Java
- Stop the Java virtual machine (JVM) process on the agent computer.
- Open a command shell and run the adops-agent-upgrade.bat (for Windows) or adops-agent-upgrade.sh (for Linux) command.
At the prompt, enter the full path to the existing App Visibility agent installation directory, which must include the ADOPsInstall directory. You can also use a relative path.
If the path includes a space, enclose the path in quotation marks.
To start the upgrade, enter
When the message
App Visibility Agent for Java upgraded successfullyis displayed, the upgrade is successful and you can close the command shell. Otherwise, see Verifying the App Visibility agent for Java upgrade.
Start the JVM process.
Behavior of the agent and agent policy after upgrade
Upgrading the App Visibility agent does not change the agent policy files. Agent policy files are upgraded with the App Visibility server, and they contain the new features for the agents. The agent for Java continues to use the same agent policy file as before the upgrade.
Where to go from here
If you have a single App Visibility agent installation directory that is used by multiple JVM processes, give the App Visibility agents unique names.
After you update the agent, perform the following procedures:
- that upgrade of the agent for Java is successful and that the agent to sending data.
- If you upgraded your App Visibility server, and you enabled high availability in the upgraded version, ensure that you to connect to the portal's load balancing server.
- Examine and modify, if necessary, the and .