Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
This topic presents the location and purpose of log files for App Visibility components.
App Visibility server log files
Check for errors reported in the App Visibility server log files from the following locations:
App Visibility agent log files
Check for errors reported in the App Visibility agent log files.
Agent for Java log files
- Check for installation or upgrade errors in the installation log file:
bmc_ad_agent_install.log, located in the same folder as the installation script and the agentInstaller.jar.
If you install the agent for Java from a Central Monitoring Administration installation package, the installation log file is located in the following folder:
- (Windows) %PATROL_HOME%
- (Linux) $PATROL_HOME
- Check for errors reported in the App Visibility agent log file from the following location. The instance_name variable is a name that is generated dynamically when the agent first starts.
- (Windows) agentInstallationDirectory/instances/instance_name/logs/aps_agent.log
- (Linux) agentInstallationDirectory\instances|instance_name\logs\aps_agent.log
Agent for .NET log files
- Check for installation errors in the agentinstaller_install_log.txt file, located in the %temp% folder.
- Check for upgrade errors in the agentinstaller_upgrade_log.txt file, located in the %temp% folder.
- Check for errors in the App Visibility agent log file from the following location: agent_installationDirectory\Agent for .NET\logs\current.log
- Check for CRITICAL (0) or ERROR (1) events for the App Visibility agent service (BmcAdAgentDotNet) in the Windows event log.
Working with synthetic monitoring log files
Troubleshooting App Visibility Manager
Starting and stopping the App Visibility server services