Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Before installing the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server components, ensure that you have completed steps 1 and 2 in the Infrastructure Management installation and configuration process overview.
The TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server installation program installs the following components:
- Infrastructure Management Server
- Event and Data Adapters
- Server Cell
- Administration Cell
- Publishing Server
- Infrastructure Management Self-Monitoring Service (also known as the local agent)
- Operator console
- Administrator console
- (Optional) SAP SQL Anywhere as database
You can use either SAP SQL Anywhere or Oracle as the database.
- Due to conflicts with the Infrastructure Management Server and the drain on the resources of the Infrastructure Management Self-Monitoring Service, BMC Software does not recommend enabling the Integration Service on the same computer where the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server is installed.
- BMC does not recommend using the Infrastructure Management Self-Monitoring Service for monitoring anything other than the Infrastructure Management Server.
- Before configuring the Atrium CMDB, ensure that the BMC CMDB Extensions and modules are installed on the computer where the Atrium CMDB is installed. If necessary, you can stop this installation, install the extensions, and then restart the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server installation. For information about installing the CMDB extensions, see Installing Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions.