When integrating TrueSight Infrastructure Management with Atrium CMDB, you must install the BMC CMDB Extensions and components before you configure the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server to integrate with the Atrium CMDB.
When you install the BMC CMDB Extensions, the following BMC software is installed:
Install BMC CMDB Extensions on the same computer where Atrium CMDB is installed. In a server group environment, install BMC CMDB Extensions on all the servers in the server group. In the primary node, install the binaries and the workflow; in all other nodes, install only the binaries. Ensure that all servers are added to the group list. For more information about the server group environment, see the online documentation of BMC Service Resolution.
See System requirements and product compatibility for Infrastructure Management for the minimum supported configuration requirements, and supported versions.
This topic provides the following information about installing BMC CMDB Extensions:
Before you begin
- Before you begin with the installation, ensure that you have administrator privileges on Remedy Action Request System.
- As an administrator, ensure that you have the following permissions:
For information about adding permissions, see Role-based access.
- Incident Config
- Incident Master
- Incident Viewer
- Incident Submitter
- Contact Organization Admin
- Contact Location Admin
- Contact People Admin
- Contact Support Admin
- Config Group Mapping Admin
- Config Categorization Admin
- BMC recommends that you run the Remedy AR System and Atrium Core Heath check before proceeding with the installation.
AR user must have a fixed license.
- If you moved the BMC Remedy Action Request database from one server to another, you should ensure that the filesystem dependencies have also been migrated before installing or upgrading the BMC Remedy Action Request database.
Ensure that you enable Administrative Operations on the AR Server. For information about enabling Administrative Operations, see the online documentation of BMC Remedy Action Request System.
Ensure that the Enable Multiple Assign Groups setting is enabled for all AR Servers. To do this, in AR Server, in the Server Information page, on the Configuration tab, select the Enable Multiple Assign Groups check box.
Ensure that you increase the
Server-Plugin-Default-Timeout to 600 seconds and enable unqualified search in the Server Information page of AR Server.
Ensure that you have installed the following applications on the Remedy Action Request System server:
To install Atrium CMDB, see the online documentation for BMC Atrium Core.
Remedy Incident Management
To install Remedy Incident Management, see the online documentation for BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
- For a successful installation, ensure that your system has a minimum of 3 GB of free memory. If this requirement is not met, importing workflows to Atrium CMDB may fail.
- On Linux or Solaris operating system, ensure that the following libraries are present in the /usr/lib folder:
- libXtst.so.6 (32-bit)
To install BMC CMDB Extensions on Microsoft Windows
- Navigate to the BMC_TrueSight_Infra_Mgmt_10.7_ExtensionsForAtriumCMDB_Windows\Disk1 directory in the installation package.
- If you have an installation DVD, copy the contents to a directory with write permission, and navigate to the directory.
- If you have downloaded the installation files, navigate to the directory.
- Run setup.exe as an administrator.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the license agreement page, click Next.
- On the Directory Selection page, retain the default directory, or click Browse to select a different directory, and click Next.
On the BMC Remedy AR System Server/Atrium CMDB User Inputs page, provide the following details, and click Next.
AR System Server Administrator Name
AR System Server Administrator Password
Administrator credentials to access Remedy Action Request System
AR System Server TCP Port
Port number of the server on which Remedy Action Request System is running. If the server is using a portmapper, then the default port number is 0.
AR System Server Name Alias
Host name of Remedy Action Request System or Atrium CMDB
- On the CMDB User permissions information page, make sure that you do not select the Deploy SDIG Workflow check box, and click Next.
- Verify that the information on the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions initialization page reflects your installation correctly. Click Previous to make changes, or click Next.
On the Notification Service Plugin User Inputs page, enter the port number on which the Notification Service is listening for incoming connections of clients (for example, Publishing Server) that subscribe for notifications. The default port number is 1840.
This port is different from the AR Server port. Configure your firewall to allow this port so that Publishing Server can connect to it.
- On the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions information page, click Next.
- On the Installation Preview page, click Install.
The installer displays the progress of the installation.
- On the Installation Result Summary page, click Next.
- On the Installation Summary page, click View Log to view the installation logs or click Finish to complete the installation.
- Restart Apache Tomcat as described in To restart Apache Tomcat on Microsoft Windows.
To install BMC CMDB Extensions on Linux/Solaris
- Install the Infrastructure Management Extensions by the user using which you installed AR Server, it may be either root or non-root user.
- Ensure that you have write permission to the ar.conf file.
- Navigate to the BMC_TrueSight_Infra_Mgmt_10.7_ExtensionsForAtriumCMDB_<operating system>/Disk1 directory in the installation package.
Apply executable rights to all the installation files by running the following command:
chmod -R 755 installationDirectoryFolderName
installationDirectoryFolderName is the name of the folder that contains all the installation files.
chmod -R 755 Disk1
- Run setup.bin.
- Follow step 3 through step 13 as described in To install BMC CMDB Extensionson Microsoft Windows.
- Restart Apache Tomcat as described in To restart Apache Tomcat on Linux/Solaris.
Integrating with Atrium CMDB in an Action Request Server group
When integrating with an Action Request Server Group, you must install the BMC CMDB Extensionson:
- The primary administrative server - Installing on the primary administrative server creates the necessary forms, workflow, and data. It also deploys the Impact Model Designer on the primary server.
- Each server that has the reconciliation function enabled - Installing on each server is necessary to install the Notify ARDBC plugin. For more information, see Configuring the Notify ARDBC plug-in.
Configuring after installation
After installing the BMC CMDB Extensions, a
BMC.ARF.BiARS_SIMINIT error might be displayed in the TrueSight Infrastructure Management operator console, while creating incidents.
From the BMC Remedy Developer Studio, disable the
Installing BMC Impact Model Designer
Please note, that In a server group environment you need to remove all servers from server group except admin server, because you can't enable admin operations on all servers.